Monday, December 26, 2011

A Very Rogue Christmas

I don't know about you, but I'm still inspired by Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas and couldn't resist one more kind of Rogue-ified for the Rogue Redhead Designs blog. I started with a wrinkle free distress background using Antique Linen, Bundled Sage and Fired Brick distress stains and then created fragment charm Christmas ornaments by first using alcohol inks (Cranberry and Bottle) and then stamped ladies from the trio of Milliner Misses using archival ink and then blotted and buffed it off creating a resist effect. I wired them to the tag using the swirl from Relish Reading as their anchor. To finish off my tag I added a sentiment from Stampers Anonymous and die cut greenery and pearls.

Here's a close-up of the fragment charms:

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

7 comments:

Martina said...

What a gorgeous Christmas tag, dear Penny! Beautifully created.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Ana Márquez said...

It's very gorgeous! :-)

Jeany said...

Love it, the treeballs are gorgeous. Have a great week, love Janine

Anonymous said...

Penny
Beautiful colour choices and the technique is so perfect.
Wouldn't they be beautiful as Christmas Tree decorations or scaled down, as ear-rings or pendants.
Your imagination overflows.
I cannot wait to see what you create during 2012.
Wishes
Lynne

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

A perfect combination!!! I love it!

Deb (dcorder) said...

I love your ornaments! I just wish I could get that technique to work for me! LOVE IT! :)

Anonymous said...

Love these ornaments! They look amazing!