Sunday, December 4, 2011

12 Tags of Christmas Day 4

Day 4 of the 12 tags of Christmas at the Tim Holtz blog and yet another fun background technique - kind of a wrinkle free distress using stains - it does give a nice softness with the addition of white Picket Fence. I had to make a modification to do the die-cut snowman. Not having the die, I used instead the snowman embossing folder image for my template and cut a piece of chipboard using scissors and a knife into the snowman shape. I added chipboard numbers covered with paper and glossy accents instead of the die-cut 25 directly into the snowman - I may be good with my knife, but I'm not that good ;-) This tag really had a fun mix of textures with crackle, tulle, tinsel, ribbon and a tiny feather. Can't wait to see what's up for tomorrow!

6 comments:

Kalipssa said...

very nice tag! love this snowman!

Jennie Atkinson said...

Fantastic tag Penny! I love your colors and your snowman looks like a die!

Shelly Hickox said...

You're good with a knife - I'll remember that if I ever meet you in a dark alley, lol! :-)

Love your tag! Wish I'd remembered I have that embossing folder. You did a fantastic job with it!

Cheri said...

Love the feather in the cap!! Great tag. I've been watching all the tags....I never thought of playing along. This looks like a bunch of fun.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love the hat decor...beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

You conjured up that frosty feeling and I should know as we had snowfall during the night.
Wishes
Lynne