Friday, December 9, 2011

GC#129 Chestnut Theme Challenge

For December at Gingersnap Creations the focus is on Holiday Lights and this week it's the Chestnut Theme Challenge with the theme of "Starry Night". I created a watercolor paper piece and mounted it on a tissue tape covered canvas. To create the main piece, I started by stamping the cityscape and then masked it - yes, I cut out all those peaks and spires! Then I inked the background with Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire DI. To create my stars I used a trick from Jennifer McGuire starting by spraying Perfect Pearls mist onto your craft sheet in a puddle and then flicking droplets with a paint brush and then air or heat drying. I used Biscotti PP Mist so my stars were warmer, but it also looks great with Pearl PP Mist. To finish it off I used a line from a Christmas carol - "It Came Upon A Midnight Clear" - that I hand wrote at the bottom.
Show us your Starry Night project by linking to the GC blog post HERE. The challenge will be open until January 1st and one random winner will win a free bag of micro beads from our sponsor this month, Pennywise Arts.

Stamp Credits: Cherry Pie Art Stamps

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning! Love your night sky!

Anonymous said...

Wow Penny, this card is so gorgeous! I love the starry background a lot. It is so dreamy!

trisha too said...

Such a lovely card, Penny--perfect for some Starry Night inspiration!

:)

peggy gatto said...

Just beautiful!!!
I enjoyed seeing your lovely tags too!!!
Happy 2012