Friday, December 2, 2011

12 Tags of Christmas Day 2

For the Day 2 tag check out the Tim Holtz blog HERE. My Day 2 tag required a bit of improvising. Instead of a diecut, I stamped a reindeer silhouette from the Season's Silhouettes set onto the paper backing of the sticky back canvas and fussy cut it out. I also made my own star charm with 3 layers of cardstock, foil tape, and a star punch. My biggest improvisation is with the kraft resist paper. Here's my DIY version:

Stamp and clear emboss what you want to be resisted - I chose a portion of the word stamp also from the Season's Silhouettes set.

Then stamp with StazOn to create a patterned background. Yes, you do stamp over the embossing, but we'll fix that. I have tried this with Archival Ink thinking it would be easier to wipe off the embossing, but found that when the kraft paper is inked, the Archival inked stamping looked too faded.

So to clean up the clear embossed area, just take a tiny bit of solvent cleaner on a Q-tip and rub over the embossing and the StazOn comes right off! Now you've got a custom piece of kraft resist that you can ink any way you want.

Stamp credits: Stampers Anonymous, Hero Arts, Oxford Impressions

5 comments:

Debbie K. said...

Lovely tags #1 & #2, Penny! Your art is terrific and can't wait to see what you make next.
- DebbieK

Shelly Hickox said...

Hahahaha! Great minds think alike. I just saw your tag when I uploaded mine to the IJ challenge. Really great work and I love the stamp cleaner tip!

Evelyn S. said...

This is a delightful tag....something I would expect you to create! Beautiful!

Ирина - Magis said...

Красивый , хороший тег!!!

Netty said...

Loving both your tags 1 and 2. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x