Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Gingersnap Creations: Snow, Pine and Mahogany

It's time again for the Color Challenge at Gingersnap Creations. This month the challenge colors are snow, pine and mahogany - a very Christmas-y combination don't you think? For my piece I started by stamping snowflakes with Versamark onto watercolour paper and then clear embossed them. Then I applied distress inks in pine needles, aged mahogany and some peeled paint and fired brick for color depth directly to my stamp, spritzed with a good amount of water, and stamped over my snowflakes. Just wipe the distress ink off the embossed snowflakes and you have this terrific background! There's plenty of time to join in on the challenge - it runs until Jan.23rd.

Stamp credits: Hero Arts and All Night Media

7 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

ohhh so Christmas-y, great card Penny.
Have a Merry Christmas !!!
Ho Ho Hugs Lynn

2amscrapper said...

Love the finished product from this wonderful technique.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Penny! You have such a way with ink! This is one gorgeous card! Love it!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Who knew those colours could look so good! Beautiful how they blend into one another.
Have a Merry Christmas with your husband and cats. Love Lynne

Netty said...

Oh wow Penny this card is gorgeous, so love your design. Wishing you a very Happy Christmas and a Joyous New Year. Hugs Annette xx

Trishia said...

Penny, your card made me think of melted hard candy and my first thought was: Oh, I want to eat that:)! Beautiful as always -- 'see' you on Friday!

ncurryartiste said...

I happened onto the Ginger site and saw your card. It is stunning......... just had to stop by and say so!