Sunday, December 12, 2010

The 12 Tags of Christmas completed!!!

The final two tags - Days 11 and 12 - for the 12 Tags of Christmas. Both of these had diecuts as such a prominent part and I don't have them to use, so I hand cut them using a hand drawn pattern and scissors. And yes, I even cut out "joy" using an x-acto! (a new, sharp blade worked really well). Aside from posting a picture of my final tags for this year, I also really wanted to share a fun book I made to keep them all in. I used 7 Gypsies bookboard covers and created folded pocket pages to the size I needed and tucked a tag into each pocket. The tags are so dimensional that the book pretty much explodes rather than closing, but I still like the look of it.


Here's a picture of how the inside looks. I'm not sure if I'll embellish the pocket pages or not, maybe just put the numbers 1-12 on them or something like that. I like the look of it with all the ribbons sticking out the top - actually, that's the favorite part of my cats, too and I have to make sure I keep the book away from them!

12 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

Wow Penny, Your tags look awesome but that book! How cool is that!!! What a great way to showcase your tags. I wonder if I could make one to hold all 48 of mine from the last 4 years! LOL
Talk about exploding!!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Penny! love your idea of putting them in a book! I've made a lot of these books for holding Christmas cards but hadn't thought about doing it for tags! Thanks for inspiring!
Pam Going Postal

Lori said...

What a great idea to make a book! That is a stellar idea! And your last two tags are gorgeous!

2amscrapper said...

I just caught up on your blog and love all 12 tags as well as your wonderful idea for the keepsake book.

Unknown said...

Great tags, and an awesome job on drawing the patterns and cutting all that stuff out. Love your book for the tags, that is a great idea. I love tags but never know what to do with them, thanks for the inspiration!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Penny I was sure it was a die-cut until I read you cut out "joy". Worth all that effort. To compile a book of tags is a special reminder to you of what you created in 2010. Lovely. Have a great week. Lynne x

Debbie K. said...

Love your tags, Penny and the book idea is terrific!

ArtzeeChris said...

Penny you did a wonderful job on all your tags and I truly love the book you made to keep them in. What a wonderful treasure you have made.

Have a wonderful week and Happy Holidays!

Chris (Artzee Chris)
Artzee Chris' Blog

Jen said...

Beautiful tags!!! What a great way to show them off in the book!!!

Weathered & Worn said...

Your tags look great! I haven't made any in quite a while, but they are one of my fav. things to create. Thanks for sharing yours with us! Congrats on your recent publications.

Maria Matter said...

ack!! I LOVE this idea! gorgeous tags and a fabby book! I soooo want to do this now that I saw yours, lol! Inspirational hun!
Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Great way of keeping your tags! Thanks for sharing.