Thursday, December 9, 2010

The 12 Tags of Christmas days 6,7 and 8

I've been keeping up with the 12 Tags of Christmas, but get to do them in the evenings, so I have to wait until daylight to take a picture! Here are the next three for days 6, 7, and 8. For day 6, I didn't have much that he used - no tall trees texture fade, but I had the stamp version, so I embossed them onto the tag to give a little more dimension. Also didn't have the die to cut the reindeer, but did have one left from an old package of seasonal grungeboard die cuts that worked nicely. Now for day 7, though, I was able to do all of that one with the specified supplies and love that one! His idea to create the poinsettia with sticky back canvas and grungepaper is great, and the wood grain textured tag I also really love. Back to day 8 and more improvising is needed. I didn't have a mask to use, but was able to cut a reindeer one using a Slice and Frisket film - it worked really well. I had both the negative and the positive to use, and the film has a repositional adhesive on 1 side to allow for great masking. For my houses, I stamped onto the grungeboard with a Hero Arts stamp of row houses then cut it out and cut a few windows using an x-acto knife. I loved his idea of used curled wire as "smoke" coming from the chimney - a very fun look. Can't believe there are only 4 more days of tags left - the 12 days is definitely going fast.

2 comments:

Createology said...

Your tags are wonderful. As T!m says...his are only for inspiration and anything goes. Happy Holly Jolly Joy...

Lori said...

All are beautiful! Love that reindeer..