Monday, September 26, 2011

My Rogue ATC Garden

Over at the Rogue Redhead Designs blog, there is a challenge this month to create ATC's, but to also "think outside the ATC". For my pair of ATC's, I used images from Relish Reading and Floriculture. I also had some fun playing with distress stains, which I haven't had a lot of time to play with yet. My colored background is a Jennifer McGuire technique she calls pearlized distress - you use distress stains on watercolor paper (in my case I clear embossed my images first so I would also get a cool resist effect), then spritz the whole thing with Perfect Pearl spray blending the colors and giving them a shimmer. I also flicked droplets of the pearl spray onto the background. On the left I used a strip of that paper over a base created with tone-on-tone distress ink stamping and rubbing with a blending tool all using the tea dye color. On the right, I reversed the paper combination. Then I added my garden of buds that were also stamped onto watercolor paper and colored with distress stains. The buds are arranged so that some go "outside" the margins of the ATC and they're also elevated using foam squares - I wonder if "above the ATC" counts in the challenge....hmmmmm.

Check out the RRD blog post HERE to join in the challenge which runs until Oct. 9th - you could be the winner of a $15 GC to the Rogue Redhead Etsy store!

6 comments:

Jeany said...

oh wow these are so beuatuful, I love the little flowers ond the side. And the coloring is so nice. Love the way you resist the background images. Have a great week. Janine

Juls said...

I love these, the colour combo is just BRILL!! Hugs Juls

Anonymous said...

The way you cut the flower is such a fresh idea. Adds wonderful dimension to your ATCs.
Lynne x

Ana Márquez said...

They're two beautiful pieces! Congrats! :-)

Paula J Atkinson said...

Beautiful, fresh designs. I really like them they are so different from other designs I have seen.

trisha too said...

Pretty and fun, Penny!

:)