Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Gingersnap Creations Chestnut Challenge #117 - Gal Pals

All through September at Gingersnap Creations we're celebrating International Women's Friendship Month and this week's challenge has a theme of gal pals. Also this month the featured technique is spotlighting which I tried in my card. It really is a simple yet effective technique. I chose to experiment with the straightforward version of stamping your image twice and coloring in one (mine is done with distress inks), then punching out a portion of the colored image and placing it in its appropriate location on the uncolored image.

Here's a close-up to show the spotlighting:

I also chose to mount my main image on a background stamp that contained many words related to friendship and even spotlighted the word "friendship".

So join us in celebrating your girlfriends by creating a piece for the challenge post at the GC blog HERE by Oct. 2nd.

Stamp Credits: Melanie Sage and Stampin' Up

11 comments:

Elaine A said...

Hi Penny -

This is such an effective technique. I love this!

Elaine Allen

Ali Manning said...

Fantastic card, Penny -- I love the different spotlights you created!

Sue said...

Hi Penny, love this image of the friends and the spotlighting technique looks great! Friends word background is perfect.

Hugs
Sue

Jeany said...

hi Penny, I love this one so much, how you put all together, the words, the girls, just great!! an real frendships card, en the little pearls, so beautiful!!! Have a great day,hugs, janine

Jean Franks Beck said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love how you've added some bling to the spotlight portion - fabulous card.

Martina said...

Stunning work, dear Penny! Love your creation.

Ana Márquez said...

Fantastic!! :-) Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love how you spotlighted the ladies and the word "friendship". Beautifully done!

Anonymous said...

What a great card! I am glad you explained how to do the technique, I had no idea that you needed 2 images.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Beautiful card, love the spotlight technique on it.

Anonymous said...

This is a gorgeous card, what an effective use of color! :)