Saturday, March 27, 2010

Gingersnap Creations Color Challenge - Copper, Ginger or Rust

This is my hanging piece for the color challenge at Gingersnap Creations. The color to use was copper, ginger, or rust so I chose to use a piece of copper flashing as my base. I've been seeing some cool metal pieces posted by Hels Sheridan and thought I'd show one. The main image is a photostamp from The Stampsmith - I love using them on metal with StazOn - I think it gives a real old fashioned daguerreotype look. I used a Stampers Anonymous Studio 490 stamp to create a border around it (just acquired the scalloped stitching stamp - it's a great one!) and added some embossing with a stylus and a ball and cup tool. That piece is layered onto a cuttlebug embossed copper piece aged with black paint. Lastly, I added some metal bits altered with copper paint to the lower corner.

6 comments:

Lori said...

Holy Cow, this is fantastic! you should email a pic to Wendy, she would love it! I absolutely love the way you used that scallop stitch as a border, and the rest of the background is just AWESOME! Love it!

Jean Franks Beck said...

WOW! This is breath-taking. I never would have thought of stamping a photo stamp on metal. It is indeed like a daguerreotype or tintype. Everything about this is beautiful.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

I agree with Jean FB - breath-taking. Serena is a particular favourite image but you have transformed her. What type of metal have you stamped on, purchased from a hardware store or craft store? Amazing art. Lynne M x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Love the combination of the copper and the blue!

Thanks for playig the Gingersnap Creations Color Challenge!

Suzie said...

Absoulutely gorgeous piece of art. Love what you have done with the color combination. Thanks for the inspiration.

Lynn Stevens said...

Awesome Penny, have always loved that image! Your use of metal is over the top cool!