Monday, March 22, 2010

Celebrations at Gingersnap Creations and Artistic Outpost

I've created this tag using a cool Artistic Outpost stamp for the challenges at both Gingersnap Creations where they're celebrating a year of challenges, and at Artistic Outpost where they have multiple, talented artists celebrating their birthdays. On this tag I was celebrating the arrival of my new Distress Inks and tried out Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet, but most exciting was that I could finally type out some words on my vintage folding Corona typewriter that I've finally got working!....well, mostly....it still needs a little bit of coaxing. Isn't it beautiful? From the serial number, I can date it to about 1921. I love the feel of the keys. Can't quite get the capital letters right, so my typewriting is more in an e.e. cummings style!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! What a piece of machinery for your artwork!

Jean Franks Beck said...

This tag is gorgeous!! I love her hat, and I love the "authentic" worn type sentiment - how absolutely fun! I like the ee cummings effect, too :)

Debbie K. said...

Cute tag, Penny. Love the sentiment...lol. What a neat typewriter - looks like a keeper to me!

Jann said...

Your tag is wonderful, and that typewriter is such a treasure!!!!!

Yvonne said...

Beautiful tag!

BadPenny said...

this is lovely Penny. Oh how I wish we'd kept my grandfather's typewriter - I used to play with it for hours. He gave me his old one - oh where did it go ?

Lynne Moncrieff said...

So much to talk about here - tag first, I love the image of the girl with glasses! All the elements come together so well. Just received delivery of 3 of the new Distress inks and Victorian Velvet is one of them - desperate to try the new colours out as Distress inks are an absolute favourite of mine. The typewriter - I would treasure such an item if I had one. Thank you for the photo. Lynne M x

Neet said...

love your tag - especially her hat! The words are just perfect.

Gorgeous old typewriter!

crafty creations said...

fantastic tag penny and oh that typewriter is to die for

I've joined your followers !!!

x Hilda

Anonymous said...

Fantastic tag! Love her hat! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Celebrate Challenge!