Tuesday, July 31, 2012
...yet another new journal ;-)
I had a new binding technique to try and so I made a new journal - I can't think of a better way to try it out ;-). I learned about this from an online class by L.K. Ludwig called Just Three Journals. This one is the sewn over tapes binding. I used a lot of scraps to construct it - the inside is Bristol paper from clearance tablets I paid $5 for, the covers are the tablet backs, and I covered them with drippy inky paper left over from my canvas portfolio journal pages. The tapes are twill tape that I received in a package from an order from Donna Downey's store and I loved the color and thought I could use it someday. The opposite side has her name printed on it, so I just flipped them over. Not sure yet if I'll leave the cover as is or if I'll add to it......hmmmm.
This is how the spine looks when it's all sewn together. I love the look of open spines!
Here are pictures of a couple of the pages inside. They are from prompts from a different online workshop offered by Teresa McFayden. I'm working my way through the one called Between the Lines, but she offers quite a few others as well.