CC2 Challenge this time, it's a combination of pages 33 and 34 of Tim's book - configuration boxes techniques. Like so many of you participating in these challenges, I had a configurations box I'd been saving since I found it on sale at Michael's. My idea is a combination of a vintage sewing box theme and inspiration of wooden spool scrolls I've seen in a couple Stampington publications. I stained torn strips of muslin with Distress Stains and stamped random words and phrases that came to mind on them. Then I attached each strip to a spool and added an eyelet to one end which I used to tie a length of baker's twine to wrap around it and hold it in place. I added buttons in places, and kraft colored chit-chat stickers mounted on black cardstock in others.
Here are closer views of the compartments:
And here are all the spools opened up. I chose to not attach them in the compartments so that I could pull them out and read them from time to time... although in my house, that could be risky as one did fall out and was quickly utilized as a cat toy!!!! Fortunately, I rescued it and put it back in its place :-)