Monday, July 30, 2012

CC2C week 15 - Butterfly Collage


A fun technique for this week's Compendium of Curiosities Challenge using page 56 from Tim's book - "enameled metals".  I tried out the technique 2 ways - first on the background panel (where I also tried playing with a diffuser to create the center circle) and also on the butterfly which is a Memory Box die-cut.  I wanted more of a aged metal effect on the background, but tried to make something closer to verdigris on the butterfly.


You can see the butterfly better in this view.  After die-cutting the intricate top layer, there's a companion shape that I die-cut from watercolor paper and colored with the summer Distress Inks and added some water flicks to mottle the colors a bit.

7 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Penny
I think you have succeeded wonderfully with the aged metal look, it makes me want to tap it, as it is so realistic. Incredible texture all over this piece, and I love the words.
Smiles:)
Sue

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Beautiful this metal look. your card is gorgeous Penny. Beautiful colors and combination. Love it.
Lovely greet
Marja

Debbie K. said...

Just beautiful, Penny. Love that butterfly and the colors you chose were perfect!

Anonymous said...

Gosh that is a beautiful effect you created.
Wishes
Lynne

Keren Howell said...

This is lovely, the colours are so beautiful!

Kim said...

I am sooo lovin' your card!! The aged metal on the butterfly came out great, it is so delicate, I'd be afraid to even try anything with it. And I love the corregated background...everyting came together so nicely!

Carol said...

Gorgeous tag, loooooove your background, the color/contrast is stunning!