Wednesday, February 1, 2012

GC#137 - Chestnut Theme Challenge

Guess what - it's another art journal page for this week! All the past days pages were a lead up to this one which is also my piece for this week's challenge at Gingersnap Creations. The theme is "words of wisdom" and I found this wonderful quote by Oscar Wilde that really meant a lot to me with respect to my art journals - and in life in general. As much as I'm inspired by other artists, I can't be Catherine, Julie, or Dina, I need to just be me :-) This journal page uses favorite techniques - my walnut ink background watercolor sheet complete with splatters, stamped tissue paper sprayed with Glimmer Mists (burnt red, sunflower, puerto rico) and stamping - with both ink and paint. I used stamps from Rogue Redhead Designs - the text stamp from Relish Reading ( a true favorite!) and several of the graphic ones from the new set Just Sayin'. I used die cut letters from a My Favorite Things die and stamped the other letters with a typewriter set from Stampington. A little bit of doodling with black and white pens, and there you have it - a "me" page!

Share your words to the wise with us on the Gingersnap Creations blog post HERE - we'd love to see how quotes inspire you. The challenge will be open until March 4th and one randomly drawn challenge participant will win a $15 voucher to Rogue Redhead Designs.

6 comments:

Lori said...

Wonderful page, Penny, and I love that quote, it's so spot on! lol!

Anonymous said...

The most perfect quote.
The lively colours are infectious. Such a great page.
Wishes
Lynne

trisha too said...

Fabulous page, Penny, and wonderful the Words of Wisdom!

:)

Anonymous said...

How pretty and how very very true!

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful colors, and such a great quote!

lainey said...

this made me laugh but it is so true!! great card :) lainey x