Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sunday Postcard Art

Sunday Postcard Art's theme this week is Thanksgiving. I used my postcard as another chance to play with mixed media techniques I've learned from Roben-Marie Smith's online class Mixed Media Mayhem (you can find out more about it from her blog HERE). The layers are so much fun to create! I used vintage text paper, acrylic paint, gesso and Adirondack colorwash sprays. I added some stamping with inks and with gesso and a typed scrap of paper that reads "with a grateful heart".

6 comments:

BadPenny said...

So dreamy & pretty

Cynthia Schelzig said...

This looks fabulous!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the softness of your postcard! Stunning!

Createology said...

This postcard is wonderful with all of its layers. Most of all being grateful with those hearts and words. Happy Thanksgiving...

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Another dreamy piece of art. Great layers. Lynne x (Sampler arrived today so I now have the opportunity to look at your published work in detail - beautiful submissions.)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! The mixed media layers are wonderful and yes, dreamy...