Compendium of Curosities Vol. 3 Challenge Week No. 11
This is my project for CC3C week 11 challenge -sponsored by Inspiration Emporium- using the technique on page 52 of Tim's book: "Effect Powders". I chose to use the antique linen version for a stucco effect, but think my flowers resulted in more of a cork-like effect....hmmm. Although it's not allowed to share the details of the technique used, I used a background technique not in the book, so I figured I could share that. : - ) I learned it from Dina Wakley and it uses one of her masks and several colors of acrylic paint and baby wipes.
I love the cool layered effect you get by adding a smear of paint to your page, laying the mask down and then wiping around it with the baby wipe leaving the image kind of like you stamped the mask. Then without cleaning the mask, add another smear of paint in a different color and do the same wiping process. By the time you add in white, you have the other colors already on the mask and the leaf print has a great mottled effect as can be seen in the close-up. Any extra paint on the mask can then be stamped off adding even more layers.