Friday, August 5, 2011

Happiness is Homemade

Here's another stamped collage using the Sewing Notions stamp set from Oxford Impressions. My collage is partially done with masked stamping, but it's also combined with layering. I just had to add fabrics for a homespun touch - especially the ticking pattern which evokes a comfy, homey feeling for me, and I thought the corrugated cardboard base also added some fun texture. Does anybody else feel that you absolutely have to sew on your buttons? Empty button holes just look incomplete - I don't think I can add buttons to a piece without making sure to sew them!

9 comments:

2amscrapper said...

I love the combination of fabric and stamping

Anonymous said...

Your collage is very comfy and homey and I agree empty button holes do call for some sewing! Nice job!

Ana Márquez said...

My thoughts say: "this is great!" :-)

Evelyn S. said...

Your creations are always so wonderful, with fabulous little details and wonderful design.

Anonymous said...

Yes, buttons must be sewn on!! Even using stamped buttons it never looks quite finished if I merely glue and don't stitch.
This collage has a very wholesome feel to it, perfect for the stamps.
Wishes
Lynne

Debbie K. said...

Love this card, Penny. Just beautiful and the sewn buttons just pull it all together perfectly:)
- Debbie Kaste

Plush Possum Studio said...

You managed to pack a lot of fun stuff in a relatively small area. All those textures really add to the mix. Great work!
Rose

Anonymous said...

Great piece! Love the house shape!

Lori said...

Beautiful! Love the cardboard for texture!