Sunday, May 23, 2010

Vintage Gluebook pages

Through a link from Marie of Lost Bird Studio I found a fun online class about making a vintage gluebook. I was unaware of gluebooks but have also seen another of my friends, Louise of Kard Krazy blog about hers. The cool thing is that you use paper, scissors and glue - that's it. I tend to make my projects a little complicated (no, really??) and was so intrigued by this class where you learn the principles behind a good collage. Since I have no formal artistic training - mine all comes from osmosis and genetics from my artistically talented parents lol - I thought this would be fun. Here's what I've done so far...





If you're intrigued as well, check out the class by Mary Green of Green Paper HERE.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Penny, these are beautiful. I did not see them on the class Flickr site. Have you posted them yet? Isn't this a fantastic class?

Lori said...

I just signed up for this class as well, Penny! Just last night as a matter of fact. After seeing Louise's pages and Sarah's, I couldn't resist. So far I'm really impressed with the subject matter and how Mary presents it, I've been looking for a class that actually TEACHES steps in collage, so I think it's great. Your pages are absolutely wonderful, I haven't started any, but hopefully this week.

Anonymous said...

Wowzers! Just breath-taking pieces, Penny!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Penny, I'd say you have the right instincts here. These are gorgeous!

Lululiz said...

Your pages are just lovely.

Lynn Stevens said...

I've been seeing these on everyones blogs. I need to sign up. Your pages are Wonderful!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

I always say it does not matter if you do or do not have a formal training - this proves it as it obviously comes naturally to you. Breathtaking. Lynne M x (does it matter what the content of the book is?)

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Penny,
love your GB pages - just beautiful.It's a great class isn't it? See you in class.
Hugs
Marie

Lovey said...

Penny I love your collages! You are so very talented! I would love if you linked up with me on my blog...
fabricphotomemories.blogspot.com
Come stop be to see what i mean...
Smiles,
Lovey