Sunday, April 25, 2010

Tag Tuesday - Recycle, Repurpose, Reuse

Wow, all the sudden it's Sunday evening - where did the weekend go? We've had nice weather and did some yard work - springtime doesn't always leave time for creative pursuits.... I had this idea brewing in my head all weekend for Louise's challenge at Tag Tuesday (I think someone used a quote on a tag last week about how it's not art until it leaves your head - how true!). It started with this video from Vicki Chrisman about using the paper towels that you use under Glimmer Mist projects (see the video HERE). I knew I held onto those for some reason! I did make a few to start, but then my cats found them and even though we were supposed to REUSE something on this challenge, I figured that once they've become all mis-shapen (and slightly soggy) after being carried and batted around my house that it would be taking the challenge too far - so I made a few more! Also I used corrugated cardboard from a box sent to me, and finally used a dry baby wipe sprayed with Glimmer Mist and cuttlebug embossed after attaching to cardstock - Faux Velvet from the latest Technique Junkies newsletter.

3 comments:

Lori said...

What a great "re-use" of products! This is just lovely, I just love the flowers! Very cool!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

I always associate my corrugated cardboard with masculine projects, but you have made this so pretty and feminine! Love the flowers, too.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Seeing this tag I am sure many people would not realise you have re-used products. Wonderful to say the least. Lynne x