Thursday, April 29, 2010

Gothic Arches Challenge



This week's Gothic Arches challenge is to make a fold out card - my take on this challenge is a little bit reversed - the completed card is seen when the accordion is folded up. The first picture shows the folded card from the front and the others show it opened. The 1st panel is acetate stamped with white StazOn, the middle panel holds my Paper Whimsy image and flowers, and the back panel is the rest of the Paper Whimsy background where the cut out flowers came from. When the card opens, unfortunately the white back of the image is evident (and not all that pretty either) so I misted it with Glimmer Mist so it didn't stand out so much. I really liked the layered effect you can get by folding this card up.

11 comments:

Healing Woman said...

What a great job you did on that card!

Heavens2Betsy said...

Utterly fabulous!

Anonymous said...

These are soo pretty Penny! I love the edging too. Gives them a whole other dimension of elegance.

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

The way this opens up is amazing Penny! What a great design.

Debbie K. said...

Love the card Penny. Just beautiful!

Marianne H said...

Thanks for the comment in my blog!
This is a fun card, what a good idea to do it reversed. LOve it :) Have a nice day.

Lynn Stevens said...

Wait till I pick my chin up off the floor! WOW. Amazing work Penny, You so inspire me!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Penny
what an amazing arch! I love all the wonderful and clever details! beautiful work!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Amazing! Such a gorgeous piece. Lynne M x

Trishia said...

Wow! Beautiful, beautiful. I love items with depth and layers. Thanks for the inspiration!

Shelly Hickox said...

This is so COOL, Penny! I am in awe....