Monday, November 16, 2009

Dans ma maison il y a ...une lettre

I had such fun making this house for the challenge at Dans ma maison il y a ... I wish I could photograph it in a way so you could see that its base is an acrylic block that you use for stamping with unmounted stamps. On the top surface I used a transparency from Prima Hybrid - I chose the letter "H" for home - kind of obvious, I know! Then to the back I adhered a piece of a letter, a scrap of paper, and HOME in a typewriter key alphabet. The roof is gold metal, embossed in a cuttlebug folder, alcohol inked, and sanded - I'm having so much fun with that technique currently!

6 comments:

Nettie said...

this is a fabulous work! I can see that it is an acrylic block (very clever idea!) as you said it, wonder if a zoom in side view would show it more, as a second photo? It is stunning and I love the metal roof too! hugs Nettie

Jester said...

This is great; so ornate and so clever.

Anonymous said...

what a stunner...loving this piece!

~*~Patty S said...

Your house is so unique and lovely!!!

LivArtNow said...

Very beautiful and elegant and classy!! love your house!!

Linda

ISA said...

woua.. so cute !