Tuesday, December 18, 2012

CC2C week 33 tissue tape flowers


This week is the next to last challenge of the Compendium of Curiosities Vol.2 Challenges (sponsored this time by Simon Says Stamp) using Tim's tissue tape techniques and this is my collage using the tissue tape flowers I created.  They remind me of old Prima collage flowers that I had in my stash quite a few years ago that I always loved.  I created a collage with them using a gelli plate monoprint on mulberry paper and a vintage dictionary page all sewn onto a piece of watercolor paper.  I just had to add some handwriting ;-)

Here's a close-up of the flowers with their sewn on vintage button centers:


You can also see some of the monoprinted background.  This one uses one of Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's Crafters Workshop stencils: "swirly garden" which gives a great pattern when used as a monoprint with the gelli plate. My favorite version (used here) is the second impression/ghost print after some of the paint has been removed by pressing the stencil to the gelli plate, removing the stencil, and then making the monoprint.

8 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Penny
This is a delightful card, the flowers look gorgeous.
Smiles:)
Sue

Linda Kunsman said...

this is such a delightful and whimsical project! Love your tissue tape flowers!

Anonymous said...

Amidst all the festive/wintry creations I visit here and there is a blast of springtime colours - most definitely a breath of fresh air Penny with those joyful flowers.
Wishes
Lynne

Traffic Pulse India said...

I am very happy to read your articles it’s very useful for me,and I am completely satisfied with your website.
All comments and articles are very useful and very good.Your blog is very ttention-grabbing. I am loving all of the in turn you are sharing with each one!…
Send Flowers To Jaipur

Jennie Atkinson said...

Just catching up with blogs Penny - what a fabulous piece of work, so colourful. And I love the flowers - will have to remember to have a go!

Have a lovely Christmas holiday x

Debbie K. said...

Love this Penny! So colorful and uplifting.

Happy Holidays to you and yours:)
- DebbieK

Sarah Anderson said...

gorgeous flowers, and fabulous background!

Jeany said...

This is such a great card, love it!