Sunday, January 15, 2012

Glimmer Misted Bag

I decided I needed a decorated totebag and have altered this one starting with a base of Glimmer Mists in Turquoise and Meadow Green on the bag and lace strip. I made rolled roses with muslin strips and sprayed them with GM in Rose Tea and Creme de Rouge. They are layered over white paint stamped Queen Anne's Lace (Donna Downey for Unity Stamps) and given stems of lace strips also misted with Meadow Green and Forest Green. I added some words with my dip pen and India Ink - I'm slowly getting better! Fabric can be tricky as the pen nib wants to splatter ink as it goes over the textured surface. One tip if you try your own Glimmer Misted bag - spray it with a fixative (I used Krylon workable fixative and left it outside to dry and air out) or if it gets wet you and your clothes will become a lovely shade of blue-green!

3 comments:

Jeany said...

I didn't know you can glimmermist also on fabric? It looks fab! Great colours also. Have a nice week, big hug from Janine

Createology said...

Your bag is lovely and I adore your handwritten words. Glimmer on...

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!