Wednesday, November 30, 2011

GC Blue Moon Challenge

This week at Gingersnap Creations it's the Once in a Blue Moon Challenge where the theme is thank you notes. A very appropriate topic not only with the recent Thanksgiving holiday, but also with Christmas upcoming it's always handy to have some thank you cards around. I've seen cards using text paper on a die cut shape and love the look. My little kraft paper notecard starts with a die-cut label shape that I've covered in strips of vintage paper and edged with a Krylon pen. I added a die-cut heart covered with several layers of Be Positive Glimmer Glam and Sunflower Sparkle Perfect Pearl Mist and finally stamped my sentiment with alphabet stamps (Studio G). So show us some cool thank you card ideas and enter the challenge on the GC blog post HERE. The challenge runs until Dec. 27th. Also be sure to check out the other cards from the DT on the blog - there are some terrific ideas!

5 comments:

Heavens2Betsy said...

Your thank you card is very sweet. I love the way it combines vintage with the more modern lettering along the bottom. penny

Anonymous said...

As I have such a card I can say that all the elements work together so beautifully and wonderful use of alphabet stamps.
Wishes
Lynne

trisha too said...

I recognize this lovely thank you card--I'm hanging the one you sent me up in the art room, it's so pretty!

:)

Anonymous said...

Very stylish! What a great design! I love the big bold heart and how you echoed it in the sentiment!

Jeany said...

wow i missed a lot here with my out time. Love your Tags for christmas and the extra tips. Have a great day, a big hug from janine