Sunday, April 10, 2011

Circles and more circles...

Here's this week's project done in my Mixed Media online class at My Creative Classroom. I find myself working bit by bit throughout the week - so much fun to just play! I love the backgrounds I'm playing with - layers of text paper from an old dictionary, acrylic paint, watercolor paint, gesso, and oil pastels. My circles are all favorite bits of scraps - patterned papers, old ledger paper, French dictionary text, and more gel medium transfers - you can never practice that technique too much!

6 comments:

Lori said...

Very cool Penny! Love the circles!

Evelyn S. said...

Wow...what a pretty piece of art!!

Jeany said...

wow Penny how great is this, again I love it ☺ the colours the lay-out, just great. have a nice week, best wishes from janine

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Penny this is so effective and such beauty in it.
I have to agree, certainly in my case, you can never practice transfers enough, sometimes I get as never perfect as possible and other times absolute disasters lol.
Have a great week.
Lynne x

Gerri Herbst said...

Fabulous...love the circles in all those colors and textures! It reminds me of a collage I have on my wall...just circles too. Great piece!, gerri

Anonymous said...

Wow, Penny! This is amazing!