Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Gingersnap Creations Random Redhead Challenge

This week at Gingersnap Creations it's the Random Redhead Challenge and it involves using a teabag template you can see on the blog. I had the idea to use an Alice in Wonderland theme featuring the Mad Hatter's tea party. After cutting out the template, I used a wrinkle free distress technique with antique linen and tea dye distress inks to make the background look tea stained. On the outside I stamped the tea pot and "Wonderland" from the Wonderland set from Oxford Impressions and added the Hatter from the "Classic Alice" set. In the assembled version, it's all held together by tucking the flap into a little half circle notch.

This is what the inside looks like - I added more stamped images from "Classic Alice" and attached them to the background and the front fold for a bit of a pop-up effect. All images were colored with watercolor pencils. What can you make with the teabag template? Add your project to the challenge blog post at Gingersnap Creations HERE by Feb. 13th. Have fun with the template!

5 comments:

Netty said...

I so loved the way you have turned this into a pop up. Fab idea and a gorgeous project Penny. Have a great week. Annette x

2amscrapper said...

I think this is such a clever idea! And of course I love anything Alice!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

The Alice twist is brilliant. Clever indeed. Lynne x

Anonymous said...

Wonderful use of the template! I love your tiny scene inside the mini-card!

Toni said...

lol... what a great idea.... love it !!!