Sunday, May 31, 2009

Variations on resists

This weekend I played around with some resist techniques for backgrounds and made a bunch of cards. The first is a gesso stamped swirl and distress ink rubbed over the paper with cut and dry foam.

Next, was another gesso resist but this time the distress ink was applied using the wrinkle free distress technique.

Same wrinkle free distress technique but the resist is a stamped image with versamark and clear embossing powder.

This one uses the clear embossing powder technique again, but I stamped over newsprint then brayered over the piece with black versafine.

Finally, I tried the same technique but using a page from a book and brayered over it with brown versafine. Kind of neat how you can still read the text through the brown ink. This one I made into a thank you card because I needed something to send out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool! I love this look! thanks for sharing how you did it!
Pam Going Postal

Robin said...

These area all fabulous! Thanks for showing us the different techniques.

Shelly Hickox said...

These are such great pieces! Makes me want to pull out all my stuff and play. :-)

Ellie Knol said...

You've really got a BEAUTIFUL blog! So much inspiration too!